Did She Say She’s Pregnant?
Four little words can change your life forever, “I think I’m pregnant.” Don’t panic. The two of you can get through this. We promise you are not alone in this situation.
She needs you now more than ever. It’s vitally important you provide her with the support she needs –emotionally and physically.
What To Do And Not Do
We have a few words of advice we’d like to suggest. There are some definite “do’s” and “dont’s” when it comes to working through an unplanned pregnancy. Here are some tips to help you:
What To Do
- Listen to her. Keep the lines of communication open between the two of you at all times.
- Talk to her. Your opinion matters and she wants to know what you are thinking.
- Take your share of the responsibility. This didn’t happen to her alone. Schedule an appointment with the Southern Ohio Pregnancy Center for a pregnancy test and potential ultrasound to verify her pregnancy.
- Be there for her physically and emotionally. She needs you now more than ever, so go with her to any appointments and let her know you’re by her side.
- Talk with people who care. In addition to keeping the lines of communication open between you, discussing the situation with parents and others who’ll be directly affected is essential. Keeping this a secret will only add to the stress for both of you.
- Educate yourself. Collect information on the options available and seek advice from people you trust.
- Be honest with her and yourself. You’ll be surprised at how much it will help her to know that you share the same concerns. You’ll be surprised at what you learn about yourself.
What Not To Do
- Don’t close yourself off emotionally because this situation involves more than just you.
- Don’t run from your responsibilities. The more you try to avoid this situation, the harder things will get.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want. You both need to work together at all times. You’re a team now!
- Don’t stop communicating with her. Express your feelings and add your input whenever it’s needed.